Monday, January 10, 2011

Annie's Most Amazing Ribs Ever

I've had the pleasure to eat Ann's most amazing ribs ever a couple of times. I failed making them once, but I'm ready to try again. My biggest mistake was that I didn't cover them in foil :(

I just prepped a rack of ribs with the spices below - you are supposed to use this amount for 3 racks, but I just dumped it all on. Could that be how I get into trouble? We will see :)

Here is the spice rub recipe:

2 tablespoons ground cumin

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 tablespoon dry mustard

1 tablespoon coarse salt

1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

2 teaspoons ground cardamom

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Rather than put  it in the oven for some ungodly amount of time (I forget how long she bakes them, but it's low and slow, and I thought it was like 6 hours), I'm going to try the crockpot and see how that goes :)

I'll let you know :)