Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bastille Day



One of the street fairs I was anxious to attend was Bastille Day. I'll admit - I saw it on "Cookin in Brooklyn" a few years ago, and it looked like fun. Plus, since we are French, it seemed like the thing to do.













As with most street fairs, there was lots of food and entertainment. The Tres Bon Crepes looked pretty good...

We decided we should check it all out and then make a decision, or we could end up eating a lot of french food :) We heard what sounded like some French gospel or R&B from the main stage, and on the next block we heard this nice accordian player.

I wasn't kidding about all the food - there were trays and trays of French pastries...

I lost count of the creperies....

We decided to try an apple crepe - here is the crepe being made!

We also tried a wonderful ham and brie sandwich - really good bread, and I got a strawberry pastry to take home for later. I also tried some wine cellar sorbet - the rose flavor - it was amazing. http://www.winecellarsorbet.com/

On the way out I saw these beautiful arrangements.

And a funny pantomime...

And more pastries....

We were done ... The fair was on 60th street between Lexington and Park - three long blocks - just enough to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful day.