Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Bows with Wired Ribbon


One of the few times of the year I get crafty is Christmas :) My friend Jessie was with me when I went to the 99 cent store (Jack's at 33rd street and 6th Ave) and I bought this ribbon. Jessie asked if I knew how to make bows with this ribbon and when I said yes, she asked me to show her how to do it. This is how I do it.
Take a length of ribbon and make 2 bunny ears. You can do this if your ribbon is around a present or just make the bow as I am doing here.
I tie a simple knot with the ears, and then fluff the bow ends like this.


In this example, I've tied 2 sets of bows and set them criss cross with their knots touching.
After this I took a third set of bunny ears and tied it around these two bows.

After I fluffed the bow, I tied to our lamp.

I tied some tulle type ribbon to the Christmas ornaments on the tree - that makes them look more special :) And I'm adding some bows around the apartment to add some holiday spirit :)
I really need to make a Christmas playlist for my iPod.
Merry Christmas!