Saturday, September 12, 2009

King Farm - Grass Fed Beef and Hay

The welcoming front porch and back porch. Wait! Is that one of those 5 gallon buckets?? No, not 5 gallons, but filled...with elderberries... Someone is looking for elderberry flapjacks...




After sorting through the elderberries, I added some sugar, and a little flour and cooked them on the stove top. My father said he liked them, but I thought the seeds were too bitter.



Mom helped me make salsa - she peeled aaalllllllll the tomatoes. I added purple onion, jalapenos, cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice and a little bit of yellow bell pepper for color. Very pretty :)




We ended up with alot of salsa, and even left a few tomatoes for snacking!











Every Friday is fishday - we went to East Brady near the river and got some fish - yum yum :)








OK - ready for a ride back to the big city with that salsa, and a new refrigerator!