Monday, October 12, 2009

Insider Information

So - I've finally pulled the trigger. Our realtor (Karen Shenker at Corcoran Realty - highly recommend her!) mentioned that she had heard about this web site where you can get event tickets for $4 after a $99 annual fee. After attending the dance event at the Alvin Alley Theater, I figured there are lots of cool things to do in the city that would need to have butts in the seats. So why not? Plus my friend Ann is coming, and I wanted to take her to something while she was here :) I'm looking forward to catching some of the more esoteric performances in town. I'm hoping to see Colbie Callait this weekend ;)

Another web site I've found that had a great special this weekend - I bought a number of $25 gift certificates for $2 each - you just can't beat that! Some of the options were places we already know we like :) I did a search for Portsmouth, too, and they had local restaurants there too. Normally you can get a $25 gift certificate for $10 - If I were home, I'd buy one for Four in downtown - I heard good things about it :)

I'll blog about the shows and restaurants as we try them :)