Saturday, June 12, 2010

Suzee's Kitchen Sink Chopped Salad

I got my order from Fresh Direct at 7:15 this morning, and I'd gotten some fresh radishes and green beans. I was anxious to make a chopped salad - it's so nice to just have it there waiting for us at the end of the day! I wasn't sure how it was going to end up, but after eating some, I can tell you it's tasty!

Here's how I made it:

Clean a big bunch of radishes, cut in half and slice

Clean a pound of green beans. Steam for 2 or 3 minutes, and run cold water over them to stop the cooking. Cut into manageable lengths.

Wash and cut a pint of grape tomatoes

Wash and chop a 1/2 of a european cucumber (leave the skin on - I love the color)

Wash and chop an orange bell pepper

Let a cup of super sweet frozen corn come to room temp

Add all the ingredients to a big bowl, and toss.

For the dressing, add a 1/2 C of mayo and a 1/2 cup of buttermilk with a heaping table spoon of ranch dressing spice. Mix it all together, and pour it right on the chopped salad, and toss.

Enjoy!