Sunday, June 13, 2010

Suzee's Tzatziki

I have been wanting to make a Tzatziki for a long time. I had the greek yogurt, and the cucumber, I figured I'd just whip it up!






1 16oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1.5 hot house cucumbers
5 fat cloves of garlic
a bunch of dill, or sub dried
Juice of 1 lemon
.5 t sea salt

I sliced the cucumbers in half lengthwise, and scooped out the seeds. Yes, these are supposedly "seedless" but not really. That gets most of the water out. Then I cut long thin strips of the remainder, and chopped them up finely in a cross cut.

I dumped the cuke, the yogurt, chopped dill and minced garlic together and tasted. Hmmm... needs something....I had a fresh lemon, so I put in the juice. That added a nice brightness. I also added about a half teaspoon of sea salt, and mixed it all up.

I wish I had some roasted lamb now!!