Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial in Times Square



This is the ABC monitor in Times Square. The closed caption on this picture says "I think that he is simply the greatest entertainer that ever lived."

The tone in Time Square was somber - it was weird watching the screen without sound, especially since music was the primary focus of his entertainment. I wish they'd had some kind of audio. Some folks had their pocket radios tuned into the ABC or Fox station to listen to what was going on.



This is in front of the Fox News screen. Notice the people who brought lawn chairs. There were lots of chairs in and around Times Square - people were there for the duration of the memorial.

A Duck Tour bus came by, and put "ABC" on their loud speakers. The people in the open area danced in the bus, and people in Times Square cheered and started singing along.




A British news station asked me for an interview. I declined as I didn't have my TV makeup on. I took a picture of the next victim.



The New Years Eve ball was at half mast, lit and rotating colors - very pretty.