Saturday, June 20, 2009

Suzee's Pantry Dinner - Black Bean Dip

Yesterday I was tired and I just didn't want to cook. I didn't want to fight with where to put my pans when I was using the stove, or try to organize the 1' x 1' square of counter I have to prep.

So I came up with this super delish, super easy black bean dip!

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar medium salsa
2 oz or so of lite cream cheese
4 oz or so of mexican cheese shred blend (about 1/2 cup)
a couple tablespoons of chili powder

Layer the ingredients in a microwave proof casserole (I used a 1.5 quart) in this order

salsa
beans
chili powder
cream cheese (I just put thin slices around - it will melt later)
cheese shreds
salsa
beans
chili powder
salsa
cheese shreds

Heat in the microwave - I put it in at 50% for 5 minutes and turned it a quarter turn. All in all it was about 20 min in the micro - mine is a million years old so use your best judgement - just have to heat it through and melt the cheese.

I served this with Tostito's Scoops - feeling pretty good about it since the ratio of the pretty healthy dip to unhealthy chip was about 4:1.

Rick liked it :) That's all that matters :)