Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good Burger? Pricy Burger.

The other day I was stacked up with a couple of appointments, and I only had a banana and a half cup of cottage cheese for brunch (that's a weekday breakfast / lunch when you are in a hurry). After my volunteer time reading to Ed at Lighthouse International and my trip to Bumble and bumble to have my hair colored, it was already 7:00 pm and I was really hungry. I was going to head in to Micky D's or Wendy's or BK for a quick shameless burger and fries, but I walked by Goodburger on Lex and 54th and figured, hey, let's try this!

I ordered a burger, medium rare, with lettuce, tomato and mayo, fries and a diet coke at the order window. They offer beer and wine, but I wasn't in the mood. It came to $12.50. And the soda was small. So I was not impressed with my bill. I filled my soda cup and sat at a comfortable table in a clean, bright dining area. Dinner came up more quickly than I thought. The burger was actually done MR, and tasted fresh with all the correct accoutrements. The fries were flabby and awful. So, while the burger was really good, I don't think I'll be going back.