Monday, March 29, 2010

Suzee's Beans and Greens

Tonight I was in the mood for some clean eats - something good for me, that used the swiss chard I just got, and some of the chicken stock I made yesterday. Food and Wine posts recipes on Facebook, they had one that was beans and greens that I found inspired this.

1T canola oil
4 Fat cloves of garlic, chopped
1 fennel bulb, chopped
1 bunch swiss chard, chopped
1 box frozen chopped spinach
1 can cannelleni beans, rinsed
2 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
2T gorgeous extra virgin olive oil

Sautee the fennel in canola oil in a stock pot for 5 min or so, or til translucent. Add chopped garlic, and sautee for another minute or so. Add the chicken stock, fennel, chard, and beans. Simmer until the chard is tender, 5 minutes or so. Split the soup into 2 bowls, top with salt and pepper, and float the extra virgin olive oil on top.

Feel good about eating this clean meal :)