Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keen's Steakhouse Pub, a comfortable place

Rick and I had a date night not too long ago at Keen's. I'd heard that they have good happy hour snacks, so I figured, what the heck? Let's check it out!

I arrived a little early at a quarter past 5, figuring I'd secure us a good table. I was amazed. Every single spot in the bar was taken! They were serving these really good looking meatballs, so I was a little bummed. Thankfully, the pub is in the middle (between the bar and the dining room), and I was able to take a seat since no reservations are required for the pub.

Rick ended up stuck at work for a little while, so I was at my table for 4, by myself with a magazine, for longer than I would have chosen. I have to say, though, never once did I feel like the waiter was concerned about my camping spot where turnover wasn't happening any time soon. I very much appreciated that.

Rick arrived, and we enjoyed a cocktail while we perused the menu. The other nice thing about the pub is that you have the option of ordering from the dinner menu, or from the pub menu. I ordered the pub sized mutton chop, because this is what Keen's is known for. And I will say, after eating almost every delicious bite I can see why! Rick had a bite or 2, and not being a lamb boy, that's impressive!

I enjoyed Keen's, and I'm looking forward to going again. Maybe I'll be able to snag a meatball next time :)