Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Business Attire

All those interviews were worth it! I will no longer be a lady of leisure, and I'll be back in corporate IT working to make processes more effective and efficient.

My new role requires me to dress in business attire, which I haven't had to wear in at least 10 years. Now that I'm really thinking about it, maybe my shopping this week wasn't quite professional enough, but maybe it was. Back in the day it was all suits, and now it's some separates... I guess it will take some time to figure it all out again :) I do get casual Fridays (which are business casual).

So, I've spent some time (surprise, surprise) shopping! I went to Loehmann's and TJ Maxx yesterday - the line at Tj's was like a line for a rollercoaster at Walt Disney World during February vacation - at least 100 people in line - crazy crazy. Today I went to Filene's Basement and DSW. My wardrobe is getting more professional, but I may need to hit Saks and Talbots before my first day ;) I'll keep you in the loop ;)