Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Walking in Work Shoes

O M G.

My feet hurt. I have now tried shoes by Clarke, Born and Dansko, and none are working to walk that 1/2 mile to the train station, walk all day including around the block when I get lunch (2 shorts and 2 longs - almost another 1/2 mile), and then the 1/2 mile home. Some New Yorkers actually wear little pointy heels everywhere they go. At least I've chosen "sensible" shoes (definitely not fashionable). I miss the late 80's in Boston when you could walk to work in your sneakers and change into your work shoes there. I don't know if it was an 80's thing or a Boston thing, but man, I see why there are more than 2 feet places on every block here. I'll just have to keep trying. Either that or twist off my toes. Not sure which will be more painful!

Other than the feet thing, work is going well, and I can already see lots of ways to add value. Gotta love that :)