Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Funday!

Today I made brownies and buffalo chicken bites for Footballing snacks:)


The brownies were the recipe I posted here, but I didn't have the ingredients for the icing :\
I got a little creative and did this instead.



2T butter
1 oz square of unsweetened chocolate
1/3 C confectioners sugar
1T half and half

Melt together 2T butter and a 1 ounce square of unsweetened chocolate (such as Baker's). I did this in the microwave at 25% for 1 minute with just the butter. Then I added the chocolate, which was warm and soft to the touch because my pantry is over the fridge, and they melted together easily. If your chocolate isn't soft, then you should chop it up and add it to the butter - it might take another turn in the microwave for another 15 seconds.

Once it's combined and smooth, add the confectioners sugar, vanilla and half and half. Mix until smooth.

Voila - a nice chocolatey option :)  By the way, Rick just pronounced them better than his birthday brownies, so I guess this new icing recipe is keeper!