Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Doctored Up Fresh Direct Macaroni Salad

I bought some macaroni deli salad from Fresh Direct. Normally I don't get deli salads - they are never as good as what you make at home. But, I had bought some Chicken Curry Salad, and it was *really* good. So good I bought it again the next week, and tried this macaroni salad.
Well, it was an experiment. The salad was made with what seemed like mayo, elbow macaroni, and a few carrot shreds. Very bland and very over dressed. I seriously think there was more mayo than macaroni.

So today, after reading a bit of Skinnygirl Dish, I took Bethenny's idea of use what you have. I figured adding chopped cucumber would water down the mayo and loosen it up a bit. And I like many more veggies in my macaroni salad, so I chopped up a carrot, a couple celery stalks, half a cucumber and a 6 oz bag of radishes and added it to the mix. It's still not as good as homemade, but it's a lot better than it was :)