Saturday, May 8, 2010

Suzee's Asparagus, Zucchini, Onion and Feta Omelet

This morning I was really in the mood to cook. After work, cooking is not what I want to do. My feet hurt from the walk up hill home, and it's too warm to cook. (What a whiner I am! Ha!)

So today I made brunch - omelets which are one of Rick's fave's. I made him one with ham, american cheese and sauteed onions. I don't care for the deli ham in omelets - too salty I think. Usually I like sausage cut in small pieces - the flavor is good, but it's just so heavy - too heavy now that it's warm. I'd gotten our Fresh Direct order this morning, so I had some fresh veggies for dinner tomorrow. I took a couple of asparagus stalks and chopped them up, and a few coins of zucchini and made match sticks. I sauteed them all together with the remaining onions from Rick's omelet. I got it all omelet-y and crumbled feta cheese over it all over. Hhhhmmmmm :) Yum yum yum!