Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Suzee's Spice Oatmeal Cookies

When I went home one night, I thought to myself, should I make cookies for people at work? Some times they are well received, but other times they are marking you as a supporter and not a strategist. My boss, a guy, made cookies literally the next day and passed them out to his friends. I got a taste, and I told him about this recipe.

This is Rick's favorite - he would love to have these every night :)

2 sticks room temp butter
1C packed brown sugar
1C ganulated sugar
1 lg egg room temp
1t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
1 t ground ginger
1 t cumin
pinch ground cloves
pinch ground cayenne pepper
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 C flour
3 C oatmeal
1 C cinnamon chips

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees

Cream butter and both sugars until mixture is light.

Beat in the egg and vanilla.

Add spices and baking soda, then stir.

Gradually stir in flour.

Stir in oats and cinnamon chips.

Drop dough by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 minutes for each batch.

Let cool for 1 minute and transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely.

Cinnamon chips can be found at King Arther's flour website

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

Enjoy!