Friday, January 8, 2010

Suzee's Parsley Veggie Dip


I am falling in love with parsley lately! I know! How could that be? I am totally a cilantro queen! But this fresh, herby, almost spicy sweet flavor has made me feel like spring isn't quite so far away.

I was going to make this Tangy Lemon Caper Dip today, but I was out of capers! It turned out fine as it turned on the creativity. I had cut quite a few crudite for the weekend, and a dip was a non-negotiable.




Here is what I used to make it:

16 oz Low Fat Sourcream (I really like Breakstone's)
3/4C minced fresh parsley
zest of 1 lemon (I use a microplane so the pieces are teeny tiny)
1/2C minced raw sweet onion
1/2t sea salt
1/4t fresh ground pepper

That's it! Now, if I read this recipe, the raw onion would scare me away, but the key is that this is *sweet* onion, and it really adds a nice dimention. Pro bowl is on Sunday - you could serve something remotely healthy with those buffalo wings :)