Sunday, January 17, 2010

Suzee's White Chicken Chili


I had a half a pound of chicken to use, and I wanted to do something different with it. Football Sunday today with the Jets playing for the NFL playoffs, so chili sounded like a good call. Plus I had these whole canned tomatillos that I wanted to try :)

The end result was a nicely spiced dish that we both loved! Here's how I did it:

1 28 oz can of whole tomatillos, drained and crushed
1/2 lb cooked chicken meat shredded
1 14 oz can of light colored beans, drained and rinsed
1 7 oz can chopped green chilies
1 14 oz can chicken broth
1t cumin
1/2t smoked chipotle
1/2t garlic powder

Dump it all in a pot, simmer to allow flavors to marry, and serve!

I also made chocolate chip cookies today - by hand as my mixer and food processor are in storage. That was my workout today :) They tasted like they had extra love in them :)