Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Big Tree Comes Down Tomorrow

I was looking for a place to skate today. I brought my skates back with me the last time we went home, and I figured I'd try to go out this morning and do a little gliding. I looked up Wollman Rink and Rockefeller Center on line, and at Rockefeller Center you can skate for $5 during lunch (11:30 am to 1:00 pm). Bonus! And, tomorrow the tree comes down, so today is a good day to go.











I pulled out my skates, and tried them on. Holy crap - I can't even get my toe in them. Grrr. I guess my feet are a bit larger than they were back about 7 years...

Well, now that I know the tree comes down tomorrow, I still have to go!






You can see how the plaza is practically barren. Even the ice is empty. Looks like early January is a great time to visit New York City. I'd imagine just after New Years would be a little better as more decorations would be up, and the shopping would be great. I got a couple of nice deals myself today :)