Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Zocalo at Grand Central Terminal

Today I met Rick for lunch, and we went back to Zocalo in the Dining Concourse of Grand Central Terminal.

I have to say - the Shrimp Tostada Salad is one of my very favorite dishes in all of NYC. The greens are a mixture of shredded dark green lettuce with shreds of fresh cabbage and cilantro leaves, and they are tossed with seeded, chopped tomatoes and cubes of mild cheese with dots of green in it - a queso fresco. The salad is lightly dressed with a fresh cilantro dressing, and mounded on a medium tostata which has been spread with a nice bit of fresh guacamole. If that is not enough, fresh chilled shrimps are placed on top of the salad and a bit of creme fraiche is thinly drizzled over the top. Oh my - so delicioso!

Today Rick chose the steak tacos - today it came as steak cubes on the tortillas - I snuck a taste of the meat - it was well seasoned and very tasty - but not as tasty as the shrimp tostada salad!! We drank water and lunch was $35.00 with tax and tip. Yes, pricy for lunch, but did I mention that the shrimp tostada salad is one of my favorite dishes in NYC? It's worth a stop if you find yourself in Grand Central Terminal and you'd like a place to sit and eat :)