Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mid Town Lunch at Patrick Conway's

I went on an interview today, and it went really well! I called Rick after to see if he had time for lunch, and made time to eat with me. He chose Patrick Conway's. We have eaten here before - very yummy burgers and fat cripsy fries - but today we were interested in eating a little healthier.

Rick had the cob salad - it was beautiful and large with lots of veggies, grilled chicken, egg, blue cheese and avacado. He enjoyed it and I enjoyed my nibbles :)

I ordered the French Onion Soup, and I'm sorry to say I was disappointed. I tried to determine if I was disappointed because all the soup I've had thus far really has been quite fabulous, and although it was, this soup was quite unextraordinary.

Presentation = The soup came in the traditional soup crock with melted cheese over it, on a plate with a doily to catch spills. 3***

Broth Flavor = The broth was bland and watery. 1*

Bread/Crouton = The bread was not toasted, and soggy. 2 **

Onion Content = Not many spoon sized onions which were softened. 2**

Cost = $7 - Average price. 3***

Total = 2.2 Stars

If you make your way to this location, do be sure to order either the salad or the burger - they are really good!