Wednesday, January 7, 2009

TV When You Can't Sleep in Manhattan

The other night I woke up at o-dark-thirty, and I didn't want to wake up Rick by continuing to toss and turn, so I got up and turned on the TV. Although we are living in the city that doesn't sleep, most TV at 3:30 am is pretty crappy.

Then I came upon 2 shows back to back that really looked interesting. First I watched Perfect Day - a show that visits some remote location in the world, sometimes does a little tasting of local specialties and then cooks a few local dishes. Then I came upon Cool in Your Code - what a fun show! This show takes a neighborhood or zip code in NYC, and highlights the interests, shopping, activities and restaurants in the area. Really, just illustrating what makes the neighborhood unique.

So as a result, I have a couple new TiVo options, and I don't have a new food dehydrator or a new piece of fitness equipment guaranteed to make me a size 8! Much cheaper!