Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Putting in an Offer on a Home in NYC

Today I put an offer in on the property that Rick and I liked. I've already found out that the initial offer was not accepted. Interestingly, the owner just said "no" without making a counter offer. The realtor tried to feel him out, but didn't get too much. So I made another offer. We'll see if this one is accepted :) If not, there are 2 other apartments we like in the building.

Interestingly, you don't have to put any initial deposit down with your offer. In NH it is expected that a couple thousand are put in escrow along with your offer. In NYC, this is not the case, but you do have to outline all your assets. Not sure I like that so much, but I guess I don't have a choice :)

Hopefully by the end of the night we'll have a deal :)