Friday, September 18, 2009

Concord Hair Design in Murray Hill

I have a feeling that job interviews (in person) will be coming soon. My hair was in desperate need of some love. I hadn't had it colored or cut since May when I did the big chop. I didn't feel I could afford to go to see Coco again, and I've been trying to decide what the "next style" should be...
While at Nail City, I heard a young woman talk about a salon on 40th Street between Park and Lex. She liked the salon alot. I walked by a couple times, and got a list of services. Today I took the dive - I made an appointment at Concord Hair Design and went over. After some misunderstanding (is my name Susan, Suzanne or Suzette - it made a difference today), I had my hair washed and met with my stylist, Misha. Initially I thought he was Italian, but I realized later he is Russian. His oldest daughter recently had a daughter and he is a very proud grandpa.
I told Misha I'm interested in growing my hair into a bob, and I'd like a cut to help me get to that end. He cut for a while, and then started to blow it dry. It has a nice shape, but man, look at all that gray! Ugh. I needed color. Misha had time to touch up my roots (thank you!!), so now I'm interview ready:)