Friday, September 4, 2009

Patroon in Mid Town East



We are having our second Labor Day staycation here in lovely NYC. The nice thing about this weekend is that the city is sure to be absolutely dead. Which means we can do what ever we want with out having to fight the crowds :)

This afternoon we went for a late lunch at Patroon, recommended as a restaurant with a roof deck. Since it was such a nice day, we thought we'd give it a try. It's nice to be up and above the traffic, though this deck was only a 2 stories up. The specialty cocktails weren't that special. I had the Mid-Town Kiss, a preseco cocktail with strawberry puree which all settled to the bottom of the glass. Rick had a rum lemonade cocktail with a sprig of mint that was very boozy. Lunch took a long time to come, but was tasty. I had the a special - grilled cod with a balsalmic reduction. It was fresh and smoky from the grill plated on a few lettuce leaves. I was still hungry when I was done. Rick ordered the special steak sandwich, medium rare. It was well done, but tasted good - I had a couple bites when my fish was done. Fries were good too. It was a nice, but pricey lunch. I doubt we will go back. But, if you want a quiet and outdoor place for lunch in mid town east, this place may be for you!