Monday, April 26, 2010

Blueberry SoyJoy - pretty good snack

My friends at Foodbuzz sent over 2 blueberry SoyJoy bars, and were hoping I'd provide some feedback on this new product. I've never eaten a SoyJoy before, but I have eaten plenty of low carb soy protein bars. Soy is not something I seek out - it is a high protein food source, but tastiness is not an adjective I'd use in describing it. So, if I had not been given a sample, I probably would not have even tried it.


And you know what? I'd be missing out.

I admit, I was disappointed when I read the label - for the 140 calories you only get 4 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fiber. You do also get a pretty good shot of potassium (220 mg), and it's gluten free if you have trouble with gluten. It's also made of ground whole soybeans rather than the usual process (which is what? I don't know, but it's a significant marketing message from SoyJoy).

But really - you'll eat this one for the flavor. Granted, you aren't going to crave them, but if you need something relatively healthy for the stash in your desk, this would fit the bill. Give 'em a try.