Friday, April 9, 2010

Le Pain Quotidien on 53rd Street

Not long ago my friend MJ arranged for me to meet his cousin here in NYC. Mark suggested we have lunch at the 6th Ave location of Le Pain Quotidien. It was a really tasty, and lovely lunch! When I was out shopping today, in need of a foot rest and a yummy treat, I came across the location on 53rd St.

I had the iced green tea and a Ricotta Tartine with mission figs, black pepper & organic acacia honey and oh my goodness - how delicious!!

I sat at the communal table and it was actually cool to see all the other dishes people ordered. This is really good, simple food done in a way I've not seen anywhere else. The people across from me ordered a Tuscan White Bean and Prosciutto Salad with arugula, shaved Parmesan, basil croutons and a Mediterranean Platter Specialty with hummus, babaganoush, & taboulé. These dishes, and mine, were beautifully presented and mine anyway was absolutely divine in flavor.

I had no idea, but in all actualilty, this is an international franchise, and it seems to have started in Belgium. I should have taken a picture of my dish rather than the chalk board, but I didn't think of it until after. And I thought I could pull down some photos from the web :) Ah well.

After my lunch I walked by Rockefeller Center and was surprised to see it still decorated for Easter. I had no idea it was decorated for Easter at all. Nice surprise :)