Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Shopping at Toys R Us



It's snowing! It' snowing! And there is even accumulation!


Times Square in a snow storm at noon is pretty dark...







Once I figured out where Toys R Us actually was, I walked in and found the famed ferris wheel! It is in the middle of the store with all the merchandise on the 3 floors which surround it. Each car on the ferris wheel is unique and has characters sitting on the car with you! I took some pictures of the Toy Story car and My Little Pony car as they went around.











Then I figured, what the heck? Might as well go for a ride as long as I'm here :)

Mr and Mrs Potato head and the Yellow Peanut M&M were on the cars on either side of mine (the Monopoly car!). It costs $4 to ride, and you can pick a time frame in which to ride. On the Friday morning before Christmas, I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes.












After my shopping (some success!) I had to take a picture of the snow accumulating on the trees on my corner :) It's not often you get to see the pristine white!