Thursday, December 25, 2008

Suzee's In Law's Favorite Stuffed Mushrooms

My in-laws appreciate these stuffed mushrooms. If I don't bring them, I wonder sometimes if they would send me to the grocery store to get the ingredients so I would be able to make them on the spot :)

2 10 oz packages of white button mushrooms - I like the smaller ones so each mushroom is just a bite

1 package Jimmy Dean sausage (the tubes of raw sausage meat - regular not the hot version)

1 8 oz block of cream cheese

Brown and crumble the sausage meat.


In the pan, add the cream cheese and mix it with the sausage crumbles.


Remove the stems from the mushrooms, leaving the cap and a nice little niche for stuffing.




Spoon the stuffing into the mushrooms and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or so. The recipe is pretty forgiving - I never set the timer - once you can smell them cooking, it's about 10 minutes more. We've always struggled to let them cook long enough so there were never worries about cooking them too long :)
Enjoy!