Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ina Garten's Book Signing at Crate and Barrel

Today was the only book signing in Manhattan for Ina Gartens new book, Back to Basics, so I made my way to Crate and Barrel. I waited about 45 minutes in a line that snaked around the outside of the entire store on 59th and Madison. When I spoke to Ina, I forgot to ask the question Rick had - "Does your husband Jeffrey get jealous when you have parties for your friends who are boys?" Instead I raved about the coconut cupcackes. Ah well. I guess I was a little star struck. She was very gracious, and it was a pleasure to meet her.


One of the employees at Crate and Barrel offered to take pictures of us while we talked, so that is me talking to her :) The store handled the signing very well - there must have been 70 employees on the floor to help people find their way. I heard there were 600 in line when I left at 4:30, and I think Ina may need some advil for her writers cramp tonight.



I'm looking forward to trying these new recipes and enjoying this beautiful book :)