Monday, November 10, 2008

Holiday Plans

One of the things I have been looking forward to since we are in NYC and all is seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person. Every year for more years than I care to count, I got up early to make the stuffing, stuff the turkey and pop it all in the oven. Then I'd make the chocolate pudding for the chocolate cream pie, and the vanilla pudding for the banana cream pie, and assemble the pies up to the whipped cream. At this point it is usually about 9 or 9:30, and the TV is showing me the big balloons, marching bands and broadway performers. I pretty much stay glued to the TV (sometimes with a mimosa) to enjoy the show. Usually my brother will laugh at me, reading the fat newspaper with all the black Friday ads, but still puts up with me and the performers on TV.

This year I'm not making Thanksgiving dinner, and since we are right here in NYC, I'm planning to enjoy all the activities in person :) Wednesday night the balloons are supposed to get blown up part way in preparation for the big show - this is over by the Museum of Natural History. Then in the morning everyone lines the streets for the big show :) Since I'm not cooking, I've made a reservation via Open Table so we'll have dinner after the Parade. We are planning to go to Brasserie44 where they advertise they will be serving turkey.

And, I've just realized that Irving Berlin's White Christmas is being performed at the Marquis Theater, and I got tickets for the Saturday night after Thanksgiving :) Yippee! And we'll have another visit to NH before Christmas as well. And when I walked by Lord and Taylor, there was a sign that the Holiday windows will be unveiled on 11/13 :)

It's nice to have something to look forward to :)