Thursday, November 13, 2008

Suzee's Cilantro Cream Sauce

So - the Patriots are on tonight, and the are playing the Jets, so we actually get to see the game! Woo! One of the things that Rick misses is being able to watch the Patriots. We had a nice little routine where he'd watch the game and I'd read my magazines, and when he cheered, I'd look up and catch the play on the instant replay which invariably happened :)

Occasionally I would make some special appetizer (like Dana Carpenter's Heroin Wings - this recipe is worth the price of the book - really!) or some other dip or something. (mostly those wings - they are so good.) So tonight I decided to make a special app for the game. I'm not up for making the wings after working all day (especially since I would have to haul all the ingredients home), but a dip I figured I could do.

I searched on line for low carb dips - this one is relatively low calorie too. Of course I took poetic licence and created my own dip. It's quite nice :)

1 8 oz pkg of light cream cheese (neufetchel)
1-2 T sour cream ( I used breakstone's light)
1 Cup tomatillo taco sauce (if you can't find this, use some mexican green sauce)
1/2 t ground black pepper
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground chipotle pepper
1 t cumin
2 t garlic powder
1 big bunch fresh cilantro
1-2 T fresh lime juice

Use the S blade of your food processor, and puree this whole thing. Stick it in the fridge for an hour or 2 to let the flavors meld.

Great dip with veggies and great sauce for chicken - I'll be trying other dippers and sauce accompaniments too :)