Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brooklyn Bridge

Today is the first day in a long time that it hasn't rained in NYC. Rick calls Manhattan Island a swamp for how humid it is - maybe it's just a quirky year. Today is gorgeous - not too hot, sunny with puffy clouds.

I decided to check out the Brooklyn Bridge - It is supposed to be the best place to watch a sunrise, but I don't think I'll be checking that out. I seem to like sleeping in lately - at least in comparison to a sunrise :)

I just took the 4/5/6 down to the Brooklyn Bridge stop, and the stop is right there at the entrance to the walking and biking part of the bridge. It's nice to walk on as the people are actually a story above the cars buzzing by below.


From the Brooklyn Bridge, you can see Pier 17 and the Seaport Village, and 3 of the 4 waterfalls. The one underneath the bridge is hidden from view!


When I got to the other side in Brooklyn, I saw signs to walk across the Manhattan Bridge, so I figured I'd go back that way for a different view. The Manhattan Bridge is not as nice to walk across - I probably won't do that again. Here is a view of the Brooklyn Bridge from the Manhattan Bridge.

And here is a view of China town as I walked across the Manhattan Bridge. Don'tcha love how I was not able to get the chain link out of my photo? It didn't show in my view finder....
C'est la vie...